Sound on linux no workey

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Mar 19 11:54:13 EDT 2008

I am trying to make my own Error beep handler for linux (rev 2.9 rc1),
because i don't like the internal beep.
First Rev wouldn't make any sounds at all (besides the internal
speaker when using "beep"), so I reinstalled the ESD package, and
added the sound mixer client. Now Rev makes static sound, similar to
radio, in the length of the chosen wav sound file (the same files that
work properly in the system sound pane).

I'm not sure if I have missed something obvious, due to not
understanding how linux sounds are supposed to work, or if this is a
bug.

Can anyone help me single in on one or the other?

thanks
Björnke

--

official ChatRev page: