text speeds are good

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 16:25:41 EDT 2008

On 16 Mar 2008, at 19:54, Colin Holgate wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Dave Cragg wrote:
>

>> I know. And I was interested in your data.  But you did make the
>> statement "Rev isn't anywhere near as fast as AS3 at handling text
>> strings" which could have been misinterpreted.
>
> I don't see how that could misinterpreted,

Well, I clearly misinterpreted it, which is my problem. :-)  And I
guess my post must have come across as confrontational. My apologies.
It wasn't my intention. AS3 clearly concatenates text faster than
Rev. But I haven't found a way to emulate the speed of Rev's "repeat
for each word" structure.

Cheers
Dave