question about splash stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Mar 16 11:06:27 EDT 2008

Peter Alcibiades wrote:

> You make a standalone with a splash stack that just fires up the main one, so
> as to be able to save changes to the main one.
>
> There are two stacks in the folder, splash, the executable, and let say
> main.rev.
>
> Why is it that when you make and save changes in main.rev from the ide, they
> do not show up when you start main from the splash stack?

First, verify that the changes are indeed saved:  quit the IDE, then
re-launch, then open the stack again.

If the changes that were saved are still evident, clearly we can rule
out problems on that side of things, and focus on the standalone:

Did you quit the standalone before checking the changes?  If not, it may
be possible that what you were seeing was a copy from memory, not fresh
from disk.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal