what is RevBrowser?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 14 16:15:07 EDT 2008

Colin Holgate wrote:
> Does RevBrowser exist? The help system still shows how to use it, but
> online I read messages about it not being available anymore, and the
> Browser example stack isn't in the 2.8 or 2.9 files. Trying to use it as
> described in the help doesn't give any errors, but also it doesn't seem
> to do anything else either.

Yes, it exists. It was originally a product from Altuit, who recently
sold it to Runtime. The online references you found probably are
refering to the Altuit product, which no longer exists.

RevBrowser is implemented as an external and will load automatically
when you launch Revolution. The sample stack is called "Browser Sampler"
and I see a copy in the Revolution installation folder, inside
Resources/Examples.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com