2.9 or 2.8.1 – Same problem

Tom Johnson tom.quailcreek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:25:44 EST 2008

All,
I'm having a pretty server problem when printing. I'm not sure if it's Vista
or my printer, computer, OS combination causing the problem but it nasty. I
have a card with a screen captured image on it and a series of fields and
check boxes that make up a form. The image is a black and white gif that is
only about 65k. I have 33 different form configurations in this app. When I
first started to set up the printing routine for the app. it crashed Rev
every time. So I started removing one field at a time and I got to a point
where it would print. If I add one more field I get a blank page off the
printer. This was with 2.8.1. So I tried it in 2.9, same results. Here's
another thing, when I try to print the script of the app from the script
editor, it kills Rev. When I try to print using one of the exercise/examples
in the "Getting Started Working with Scripts" it crashes Rev. Now here's the
kicker. When I run the exact same print routine I have below on XP, no
problem, it prints just fine.

Thanks
Tom

Here's the configuration I'm running:
Vista Home Premium
Toshiba - Satelite A215
AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-56 1.80 GHz
1 Gb of RAM
250 Gb HD
Printer - Lexmark, X9350 wit the latest drivers

Here's the print script:
on mouseUp -- script of print button on this card
    set the printscale to .68
    set the printmargins to 18,18,18,18
    set the printpapersize to 612,792 -- 8.5x11 inches, US Letter size
    set the width of this stack to 840
    set the height of this stack to 1083
    hide me -- hide the print button
    open printing