Anyone using GLX2???

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Mar 6 09:33:39 EST 2008

Hi,

Has anyone used GLX2? I started using it a couple of days ago and
have had nothing but problems on the debugging side and with no
decent documentation I can find and no support it's hard to know how
it is *supposed* to work rather than what I am seeing.

1.  I can find no way to insert or remove a breakpoint without
aborting the current debugging session. The "Breakpoint" menu item
just inserts a "breakpoint" statement into the source code. It says
clicking on it will disable/enable it, but this doesn't seem to have
any effect, it always breaks regardless of if it's highlighted or
not. The only way I can find to remove the breakpoint is to edit the
source code and physically delete the "breakpoint" statement, which
kill the current session.

2. Old breakpoints added with the standard RunRev IDE Script Editor
(the red dot at the left of the statement) triggers the GLX2 Debugger
and I can find no way to get rid of them. The amusing thing here is
that the standard debugger ignores them, so you can't tell where they
are until GLX2 finds them and GLX2 can't remove them!

3. The editor or debugger seems to lose track of which is the latest
version of the Script and so the code that is run is not the same as
the code displayed in the Source Window.

I've sent two emails a week apart asking to be registered for support
but no reply.

These issues are making it unusable and I'm about to uninstall it,
which is a real shame since the editor is miles better than the
standard IDE version.

All the Best
Dave