Team Development using Run Rev

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Mar 5 18:40:01 EST 2008

David-

> That's smart Mark - if I have got you right. That would make your diffs a
> "diff script" - that is a shorter script that you can execute on a stack
> make an update? Or am I dreaming :)

You could do it that way (and it would be easier to archive them that way)
but I went the other way around: executing the latest script builds the most
recent object, and traversing the deltas backwards in time reverts to a
previous version. That way I don't have to worry about the chain integrity
losing my entire backup.

If you started with the full build script and then just stored delta scripts
you could indeed update stacks that way. And diffs would still work. But...
if anything along the way got messed up you'd have no way of building the
delta chain to get to the most recent version.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net