how to print to file in landscape mode?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 03:16:20 EST 2008

Does anyone know why this would not work?

on mouseUp
  set the printPaperOrientation to "landscape"
  set the printerOutput to "file:/home/peter/Desktop/printfile.ps"
  print card "reports"
  --put shell("kprinter /home/peter/Desktop/printfile.ps")
end mouseUp

I commented out the actual printing part, which works fine given that the file
is the right file to print.

What this does is print to the file ok, but in portrait.

To try to track this down, I did in the message box:

set the printPaperOrientation to "landscape"
put the printPaperOrientation

the result is landscape.

So, if the paper is landscape, why is the print to file producing a portrait
laid out ps?

This is the root of the problem.  If I cannot get it to deliver a landscape
ps, then its hopeless.  If I can, then there is a workaround for the printing
problems.  This is 2.9 beta 5 Debian, as usual.

In hope,

Peter