Manipulating Raw Picture Data

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Fri Jun 27 19:58:46 EDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 8:47 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

>> I have an image where different regions consist of known colors. I
>> would like to fill a region with color at runtime as a sort of
>> highlight. The situation does not lend itself to using separate
>> transparent png images

In addition to the earlier suggestions, take a long look at inkmode.
By cleverly overlaying a colored graphic on top of your image and
adjusting inkmode, it should be possible to make specific colored
areas change color.
You can do this very quickly and without resorting to polygons or
imagedata.
An old trick from the 8-bit monitor days!

Jim Lambert