Checking Internet connection on Vista

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 10:44:13 EDT 2008

Happy to help if I can.  I have a Netgear router here, but for my test I
just switched off the wireless adaptor on my laptop to break the network
connection.  So, this time I switched off the router.  Now I get a 14 second
delay before rev times out.  When I ran nslookup.exe on Windows in this
situation, it only takes 2 seconds to report it can't resolve the address.
Perhaps you might have to use shell() to call nslookup.exe and check what
that returns.  Also, since it doesn't look like Rev is making the same call
that nslookup.exe makes, maybe it is connected to the SocketTimeoutInterval
which defaults to 10 seconds?

Bernard