how to get the current selected line with arrow key?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jun 13 06:23:48 EDT 2008

Bonjour Tiemo,

You have two ways:

1. You script by yourself arrowKey handler, setting the hilitedLine
according to your needs and the param sent with arrowkey message:
left, right, up or down:

on arrowKey pKey
   switch pKey
     case "up"
     <statements>
     break
   etc.
end arrowKey

2. You use a 'send in time' form:

on arrowKey
   send "TellMeTheLine" to me in 50 milliseconds
   pass arrowKey
end arrowKey
on TellMeTheLine
    put the selectedtext of me
end TellMeTheLine

Hope this helps ;-)

Le 13 juin 08 à 12:00, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I have a field with list behaviour and locked text.
>
> Stepping with the arrow key up and down the selectedtext gets
> highlighted -
> so far so good
>
> When wanting to grab the content of the selected line with "put the
> selectedtext of me ." in the arrowkey handler I always get the
> content of
> the previous selected line.
>
> Is there a command like "pass" with which I could pass the arrowkey
> message
> right at the beginning of the  arrowkey handler but get processed
> also my
> following statements?
>
> What am I doing wrong, probably a missing understanding of the message
> handling :(
>
> Thank you
>
> Tiemo

Best regards from Paris,