VISTA Printing Woes

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:21:42 EDT 2008

Hi John,

I haven't done any Vista printing but I have a couple of ideas.

Firstly, printing got a major overhaul in Rev 2.9 so I would recommend
upgrading and seeing if that fixed the problem.

> Sometimes when printing, the whole system crashes.  Sometimes I get a
> "Revolution Engine for Win32 has stopped working" error message.  Sometimes
> a report will print partially or not at all.  Once this happens, then the
> printer spews out page after page of empty sheets of paper.

I have had this happen on a Mac when an incompatible paper size was selected.
It wasn't as bad as the program did not crash, but the cause might be
something similar.

Cheers,
Sarah