launch URL to get an e-mail with BCC, Subject and Body (was revMail and BCC)

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jun 3 12:25:43 EDT 2008

> Seems I am missing something about URLencode?

Actually, it may be that you're missing something with "mailto:"... I have
discovered that different email apps require slightly different data in a
"mailto:" construct in order for it to work. Here's the two exceptions I'm
aware of:

- Mozilla Thunderbird requires commas between addresses (in the To, CC, and
BCC), and other apps use the semicolon.

- Outlook  and Outlook Express require a space or a semicolon for CCs or
BCCs if there aren't any (i.e. AFAIK you need to include them in the URL
string.

Just curious - what email client are you trying to launch?

(FYI, I have been using a modified version of revGoURL  instead of 'launch'
due to legacy reasons, and so I don't know if there's any "gotchas" with
using launch for sending emails.)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com