Re insert file type and creator

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 19:32:28 EDT 2008

semi-urgent reply...
I think your best answer would be to use an Applescript

do commandLines as Applescript
put the result into possibleErrorMessage

tell app "Finder" to set the creator of fileOnHardDrive to "8BIM "
tell app "Finder" to set the type of fileOnHardDrive to "TIFF "

(don't for get the Rev function  revUnixFromMacPath() and
revMacFromUnixPath()

Ken Ray has excellent help on his SonsOThunder site

Hope this helps,

Jim Ault
Las Vegas