How do I express specialFolderPath(28)in DOS syntax

Mark E. Powell runrev at aboutmyfiles.com
Tue Jan 22 18:17:54 EST 2008

For compatibility with non-English operating systems (who can have DOS-breaking diacriticals in path names), I need to write a BAT file that points to the equivalent of specialFolderPath(28).  For example, in the same way that

cd %TEMP%

changes to the temporary directory, I need a DOS command that points to what is typically

C:/Users/John/AppData/Local

I cannot write the literal "specialFolderPath(28)" to the BAT file, of course, and cannot find any documentation of how to write its DOS-variable in a command prompt. Ken Ray has it cross-referenced to the Microsoft constant CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA, but I cannot figure out the synatax of format.

Ideas?

Mark