Look and Learn . . .

Wolfgang Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Tue Jan 22 12:47:45 EST 2008

On 20.01.2008, at 17:03, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> http://scratch.mit.edu/
>
> Well, it seems OK if you want to knock out fairly
> mindless games and goofy proletarian art.
>
> Sorry, I'm a terrible snob.
Sorry, you are not a snob, you are an ignorant.

> It is also "visual programming" and "dataflow" stuff
> again.

> Just think, for a moment, of a 60 year-old expert in,
> let us say, history, who only uses a
> computer for typing academic papers and checking
> his/her email.
what has this to do, with the "scratch-idea" of showing (young) people
by means of a different GUI how programming works? And give them a
basic understanding what programming is...
I m 53 years old, but not to old to learn with any childrens tool, if
it is well(beter) and brainfriendly designed, and makes it easyier for
me to understand a new theme.

> Scratch will not help him/her one little bit.
>
> Nor the Primary Teacher who wants to inculcate basic
> French vocab.

you have no idea about visual learning...

regards
wolfgang bereuter

in kürze: http://www.demel.com
http://www.internettrainer.com