Preventing one Rev based app from opening other Rev files

Arthur Rann arthur.rann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:01:24 EST 2008

Hiyo Rev Peoples,      I have a problem with our Rev based Windows
application. The data stored by our main program is incredibly complex, so
we write out a Rev based document and populate it with data. This has served
us very well, but we now have found that any one of our apps can open and
modify 'data files' like these from any other of our apps. This is not good.
I realize there's the chance that our users might open our documents in
another RunRev based app, but that's not something we're terribly concerned
with. All we want to do is limit which of our documents our own apps can
open. It looks like by right-clicking the document and forcing it to open in
a particular app (in Windows, haven't tried it on the Mac), the documents
will open, bypassing our document read/write scripts entirely. How can I
limit which types of documents our app can open?       Thanks to you!
 Art