Does the Player object support AVI and WMV on Windows?

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 06:00:18 EST 2008

The Player object is a QuickTime player, so setting dontUseQT to false
isn't going to do a lot...

That means that a player object can't play WMVs at all unless you are
on a Mac with Flip4Mac installed, and support for AVIs is pretty
limited depending on the codec used for the AVI.

I suspect that you should be looking at videoclip objects, not player
objects.

Ian