Creating .icns files on Mac.

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Jan 9 04:07:06 EST 2008

> where do I find BootCamp on Leopard? I thought it came pre-installed.

BootCamp is in the Utilities section of the Applications folder. It will ask
for the original Leopard install disk, however, to load the necessary
drivers into Windows, so I hope they gave you that DVD!

> Can't say; never bothered with it.  I have four other OSes on tap whenever
> I need them with Parallels.  The notion of requiring a reboot (not to
> mention the time-sink of reformatting partitions) just to use another OS
> seems primitive these days.

I recommend using BootCamp not because I want to reboot all the time, but
because Parallels (and VMWare Fusion) can use the BootCamp partition for
it's (not-so) virtual disk, and this way you have only one Windows
configuration to worry about.

When you wanna access Windows from within Mac OS X, you just fire up
Parallels. When you need to run in native Windows mode, you reboot into
BootCamp. And there are indeed some instances where booting into Windows
natively is required.