[ANN][OT] FutureBASIC now FREE

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:59:03 EST 2008

As I know there are a few on the List who are on limited budgets I'm sure
the recent announcement that FutureBASIC is now distributed FREE will be of
interest. It's support for legacy Systems may be of interest to others.

For those who don't know about FutureBASIC here's a snippet from their site:

The first and foremost alternative to REALbasic is FutureBASIC from Staz
Software. Although not cross-platform, its support of the Macintosh is very
strong. Not only does it fully support both native Mac OS X and Classic
PowerPC compilations, FutureBASIC continues support for 68K compilations,
the only commercial compiler that I know of which still does. Moreover, it
even supports building apps that will run on pre-System 7 machines! The same
project can be used to build an app to run on a Mac Plus running System
6.0.5 or as one to run on a Power Mac G5 running Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. That's
dedication, man.

You'll find it here:

http://www.stazsoftware.com/index.php

NOTE: MacTel not yet supported but supposedly forthcoming.