[OT] Universal Keyboard Option?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jan 3 02:29:40 EST 2008

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 23:08:53 -0800, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Chipp Walters wrote:
>
>> This is a bit old..but I built a GUI for Mac a couple of years ago for
>> Synergy..
>
> Very nice, thanks.
>
> Synergy is a good solution for multiple machines, though it hasn't been
> updated for a while (2006?).  Would be nice if the ability to copy bitmaps
> across clipboards was fixed, but otherwise it works well.

The only thing I've run into is that it seems to work better if a PC
running Windows is the server and Macs are the clients; although I'm
running it right now with a MacBookPro as a server, an old iMac and a
Windows XP PC as clients, and the only thing I'm running into is that
when I use the scroll wheel on my Logitech Revolution MX mouse, the
cursor jumps over to the PC. And since I use the scroll wheel a lot,
I've been running Synergy with boht Macs, and only launching the PC
client when I really need it. (But if that bug was fixed, I'd use it
for all three all the time.)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.