Problems with Printer dialogues in Win XP

Stephen King st.king42 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 2 15:43:32 EST 2008

Hi Jeanne, Mark

Thanks for the suggestions;

Jeanne
>Here's a method that I think will work (although I'm not 100% sure it will
>work properly on Windows, and I'm not near a Windows system at the moment
>to check):
>
>   on mouseUp
>     open printing with dialog -- displays the dialog, setting the result
>if user cancels
>     if the result is not empty then exit mouseUp
>    print this card
>     close printing
>   end mouseUp
>
>(revShowPrintDialog only works if your actual print command is either
>revPrintField or revPrintText; it doesn't do anything with print
>card.)

The above code didn't work either (for me) on XP - no dialogue box appears.
However, it gave me a clue to check the Result rather than It. This works so
I can at least react to the user cancelling the print.

Mark, my copy of Rev 2.5.1 doesn't recognise Answer Page Setup, so I guess
this is something added after 2.5?

Anyway, using the Result with answer printer gives me enough to select the
printer and exit if needed. There is nothing else I need the user to do.

Thanks for the pointers, as always, there is always a friendly and fast
response here that if not the answer itself, normally helps find a solution

Cheers
Steve