Trapping pasteKey message in the Rev IDE

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 28 05:36:31 EST 2008

On 28/2/08 9:20 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
wrote:

> Hi Terry,
>
> The pasteKey message is probable trapped by Revolution in the front
> scripts.

Hmm, I checked those but there was no sign of it (or cutKey for that
matter).

> Why do you want to trap it?

I'm working on a set of in-house authoring tools for a big educational
project we're about to start on and want them to run in the IDE so I can
take advantage of the various property inspector bits and bobs. Anyway, the
text content is being marked up using custom style tags and I'd like to be
able to copy the style tags and associated parameters to the clipboard,
select the text I want to wrap it around in the 'code' editor and then use a
pasteKey handler to sub the selected text into the style tag data and then
paste the lot into the selected chunk. This all works (provided you suspend
the IDE) without having to track and restore selections as the user jumps
from one context to another.

Regards,

Terry...