What happens if a font is not installed on the hosting OS?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Feb 28 05:16:17 EST 2008

Hi Malte,

Looking at the nicely styled text field of the password stack* that I
uploaded recently, the lay-out is completely destroyed if I move the
stack from Mac to Windows XP. It was created on a Mac.

The textFont and textSize properties stay as they were, but the entire
text displays in Tahoma 11. This is a bit confusing perhaps, since
size 11 is not in Revolution's Text menu. What troubles me is that not
only the font is displayed in Tahoma, but regardless of the text sizes
I have used, the entire text is displayed at size 11.

"Not the same font for all fields..." I don't see that here. Which
fonts do you get on Windows?

* Download the password stack from the developers section on the
Economy-x-Talk homepage. Go to the homepage (see below), click on
Developers on the left, then find the stack at the bottom of the page.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Convert colours between different colour spaces with Color Converter.
Download at http://economy-x-talk.com/cc.html