Belated Thankyou

Kevin Stallibrass kevin at stallibrass.com
Mon Feb 25 08:25:16 EST 2008

Hi,

I posted a question end of last year and thought that no one had replied.
Although I was watching carefully for a reply, I missed one from Jan
Schenkel which I have just stumbled upon. This gives me the solution I was
after so thank you Jan

Jan Wrote:

> Hi,

> I've build a standalone which simply adds a new line

> of text to a file

> located on an ftp site, then displays the entire

> file in a text box.

> It works fine but when I close the application,

> windows holds on to the

> process and I have to force quit it via task

> manager.

> [snip]

> Regards

> Kevin Stallibrass

Hi Kevin,

Revolution doesn't automatically quit when the alst

window is closed, if there are any 'pendingMessages' -

these are messages that are put onto the event queue

to be executed at a later time:

    send "TickleMePink" to me in 10 seconds

Are you using any 'send in <time>' constructs?

If your application is just one window, you can make

your life easy and add the following message handler

to your stack script:

##

on closeStack

  -- we don't want to quit when we close the window

inside the IDE

  if the environment is not "development" then

    quit

  end if

end closeStack

##

This way, when your stack window is closed, the engine

will effectively quit, even if there are pending

messages.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel