can't find object messages

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Sun Feb 24 19:11:03 EST 2008

 Using Studio 2.8.1 on an intel MacBook Pro with 4gb memory, Leopard 10.5.2.
I wrote earlier about having problems with a handler not being able to
"find" something on the card I execute from, and someone wrote saying that
this was related to a problem with ask and answer dialogs. Now I find the
same problem occurring in a script that doesn't have an ask or answer
dialog. And the script runs without error when I don't have a breakpoint
inserted, but reports a bug when I insert a breakpoint and try to step
through it. But it's obvious that the script is not executing properly,
because some of its instructions are not being carried out (this is what led
me to investigate it). Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?
Thanks.

rand valentine