Wait with messages

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Feb 22 08:37:17 EST 2008

Hi Curry,

There might be a problem caused by the fact that the script is
currently running, but since I don't see how you change x, I am not
sure about this. Usually, I use a custom property or the hilite of a
button rather than a variable (which in your case seems to be set and
read in the same script). Also, I can imagine that waiting with
messages halfway the repeat loop doesn't work perfectly. I always put
the wait statement at the end of the loop.

Also, the repeat loop itself doesn't run with messages. What always
works for me is:

repeat forever with messages -- I rarely use forever btw
   if someCondition then
     -- do something
   else exit repeat
   wait 0 millisecs with messages
end repeat

You might need to re-think the design of your repeat loop. Why do you
need to check x two times? Is it possible for the user to determine
whether s/he will click before the first or the second wait statement?

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Convert colours between different colour spaces with Color Converter.
Download at http://economy-x-talk.com/cc.html

Op 22-feb-2008, om 14:24 heeft <camm29 at tesco.net> <camm29 at tesco.net>
het volgende geschreven: