UI performance and large data set in Table Object

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 20:55:11 EST 2008

>  Hi Sarah,
>  That sounds promising, especially reading prior threads on the same custom
>  property concept.
>  (A thought on this concept of copying data to a custom property - wouldn't
>  it consume large amounts of the users computer memory/resources?)

The data was there already. I actually MOVED it to custom properties
rather than duplicating the data, so the overhead was no worse than it
had been and quite acceptable. The stack ended up at about 6 MB. The
data is not stored forever, it just builds up over 1 - 2 weeks, then
gets cleared and the process starts again.

>  But this is a multi-user application, where many users will be searching,
>  updating, deleting, and adding records into the SQL database thru this Rev
>  app. It's not a read-only application. I think if it was, the custom
>  property could be worth looking at.
>  Mark Stuart

I still think if you do a query and load the entire result into a
custom property, then show only portions of this data at a time in a
field, you will have the best of both worlds - minimizing the number
of trips to the server and minimizing the display times.

Cheers,
Sarah