taskbar applications

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Feb 12 04:39:54 EST 2008

Hi Viktoras,

Le 12 févr. 08 à 10:07, viktoras didziulis a écrit :

> i would appreciate a few hints on how do we create taskbar
> applications in Revolution on Windows. I.e. something like
> Revolution player, skype or anything like that where user sees an
> icon of a running application sitting in the taskbar. If he clicks
> that icon with mouse - context menu appears...

See Currently Unsupported Features in 'Whats_New.txt' in Rev app folder:
the icon, the iconMenu, iconMenuOpening and iconMenuPick
Another alternative is STSTray from Ken Ray (http://
www.sonsothunder.com/products/ststray/ststray.htm)

> How do we set application to be loaded on startup automatically ?

Put a shortcut/alias into startup folder.

> I would like to add this option to preferences of my app, will it
> have to mess with windows xp registry or are there other ways? Any
> hints, online tutorials also on how do we do this on Mac, Linux ?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
> Viktoras

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.