AW: AW: AW: filling a db on CD, what happens?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Feb 6 13:25:37 EST 2008

Hi Derek,

> Like I said though, it depends entire upon the type of database you are
> working with.  I don't use SQL as I find it to be rather bulky.  I use
> Flat Files, and I write all of my own database handlers, so my coding is
> not dependent on SQL or some other type of database and it's limitations.

Interesting to read, did you ever compared the performance on "big" datas?
Up to now I havn't found a performing way how to loop through 20.000 records
in a flat file for generic selection with a search term compared with a
select - where. Looping through 20.000 records and searching for a sting
with lineoffset() to select a list of datas wasn't fast enough for me.
Perhaps you found a better trick?

Tiemo