AW: AW: filling a db on CD, what happens?

Derek Bump runrev at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Feb 6 12:32:00 EST 2008

Tiemo,

It depends on how the Database is handled.  You will have to either test
it out, or read the documentation for the database type you are working
with.

The other solutions presented are definitely the best way to go.  Create
your "default" database and burn it to CD.  When the program on the CD
is launched, copy it to the user's hard drive and start using that copy
to work with.

Like I said though, it depends entire upon the type of database you are
working with.  I don't use SQL as I find it to be rather bulky.  I use
Flat Files, and I write all of my own database handlers, so my coding is
not dependent on SQL or some other type of database and it's limitations.

The advantage and disadvantage of programming is that sometimes you have
to re-invent the wheel.  That's just how it goes.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com

Compress your photos quickly and easily with JPEGCompress 2.9!
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/products/jpegcompress/