about Voyager Expanded Books

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Feb 4 14:12:54 EST 2008

I remember visiting with Bob Stein somewhere about that time. I recall him
showing us his new media building toolkit, and being rather unimpressed by
it all. He touted it as the next great thing, but a few of us where decided
ho-hum. Overall, I came away with the impression Bob was mostly a sales and
marketing guy, not any technology guru or architect.

Dan Backus and I had just finished creating some pretty exciting stuff in
SC, and I think we didn't fully appreciate the continuing B&W HC efforts.
Dan had created this wonderful program called A.D.A.M. which was truly a
marvel of programming, with 'pixel-level' recoginition of any picture in a
layered body dissection, and we had finished Marsbook which had implemented
a QTVR viewer before it was ever created.

Those were fun times. :-)