Script Local Variables not working

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Dec 19 20:27:22 EST 2008

Hi all.

I discovered an odd thing with script local variables. If I call a
function within a card script that uses script local variables, but I
call it from the message box, the script local variables are not
visible. But if I call the function from an object ON the card, then
they ARE visible. I find that odd, because I would have expected
"local" to refer to where the FUNCTION was, i.e. the CARD SCRIPT, not
where the function was called from, i.e. the MESSAGE BOX.

Does anyone else find this odd? This also have given me fits when
debugging because if while stepping through a script, I click on or
interact with another object, say the property inspector or message
box, and then step through the code again, when I hit a function call
in the card script the scope somehow has become the object I clicked
on, NOT the card anymore! One would have to be very careful not to
interact with any objects while stepping through the code! I get
around this by making sure I click back on the stack I am debugging
before stepping through the code anymore.

Just a heads up.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management