Hammering on about Paragraphs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 19 16:55:10 EST 2008

Richmond Mathewson wrote:
> Just to reiterate that I think it would extremely
> useful if RR were to be capable of identifying both:
>
> 1. British indented paragraphs; this presupposes that the
> TAB key would work inside textFields.
>
> 2. North American paragraphs [i.e. those signalled by
> a missing line].

I'm not sure what "identifying" means in this case, nor what identifies
one method as British and the other as American. All the American books
I've seen have indented paragraphs with no space between.

At any rate, you can use tabs in text fields to indent the first line.
You only need to set the tabstops of the field first. But even easier,
set the "firstIndent" property of the field. Then you don't need tabs at
all, and in fact, you can even produce outdented paragraphs this way.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com