Table field text formating

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Wed Dec 17 23:32:10 EST 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 8:12 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I think the number of professional DTPers using Rev is probably
> pretty small, and the overlap of those who both do DTP and want to
> program is very narrow. Rev is a programming tool, and needs to
> address a wide variety of features for many different purposes.
> Upgraded text handling is definitely on their list of things to do,
> but for now I'd hate to see them waste time putting in an awkward
> work-around. I'd rather they just worked on the real thing when the
> time comes.
>
> In the mean time, put this in a field and kern away:
>
> on keyup which
>   if which = space and the controlkey is down then
>     put word 2 of the selectedchunk into tPos
>     put space into the selection
>     set the textsize of char tPos of me to 1 -- adjust if necessary
>   else pass keyup
> end keyup
>
> No images required, but it will definitely wreck any text parsing
> you want to do. The same would apply to your proposed work-around
> though, so this script should be a parallel solution.
>
> --

Thank you for the info and code.  I wasn't the one who started this
thread and from your
statement about wrecking any text parsing I will hold off on
justification for now.  But it is
important to know if the Rev Team decides to use Apples MLTE text
engine you can be
assured Kerning and Tracking will not ever be made available so it is
time to forget it or
write your own text engine using and extension or whatever.

-=>JB<=-