Table field text formating

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 17 23:12:03 EST 2008

-= JB =- wrote:

> You are right, they need to do a professional job.  That is the whole
> point of asking them
> to add it instead of me doing something.  I know the above statement by
> me looks like I
> am saying they could just add crap and claim it is professional.  I
> really don't mean that
> and don't want that.  But the claims were being made it is so simple
> that I can do it now
> with the image but it appears like you say this won't do the job from a
> professional point.

I think the number of professional DTPers using Rev is probably pretty
small, and the overlap of those who both do DTP and want to program is
very narrow. Rev is a programming tool, and needs to address a wide
variety of features for many different purposes. Upgraded text handling
is definitely on their list of things to do, but for now I'd hate to see
them waste time putting in an awkward work-around. I'd rather they just
worked on the real thing when the time comes.

In the mean time, put this in a field and kern away:

on keyup which
   if which = space and the controlkey is down then
     put word 2 of the selectedchunk into tPos
     put space into the selection
     set the textsize of char tPos of me to 1 -- adjust if necessary
   else pass keyup
end keyup

No images required, but it will definitely wreck any text parsing you
want to do. The same would apply to your proposed work-around though, so
this script should be a parallel solution.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com