Leopard button problem

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 06:01:02 EST 2008

Frankly I am extremely wary of cross-platform consistency of RR artefacts,
especially buttons.

Therefore I normally make a mockup stack containing the buttons I will
need in a project and screenshot the lot, then 'cut them out' with my
favourite graphics program (GIMP) and save them as either GIF or PNG
images. Obviously this is a bit time-consuming, but it guarantees that
things will look the same on WIN / MAC / LIN. I normally import the
images onto an unused card and reference them as icons for buttons;
this allows for showing buttons as 'visited' and so on.

After a time I have collected a series of button images that serve
almost all my purposes.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.