getting the word and line chunk of words simultaneously

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Dec 11 03:28:03 EST 2008

Did you have a look at the functions offset and lineoffset?

put "football" into myWord
put "Text position:" && offset(myWord,theContainer)
put lineOffset(myWord,theContainer) into L
put "Line:" && L
put "Line position:" && offset(myWord,line L of theContainer)

"James Hale" <james at thehales.id.au> wrote