HTML SMTP Library

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:38:32 EDT 2008

I haven't done it in rev yet. (probably this afternoon)  I do it in several
other development tools, including writing the raw SMTP code in one.  Just
to make sure I was right, I opened up an HTML email that one of my other
tools sends and checked the source code, including headers.

There are no special headers, no encoding.  All you have to do is put HTML
into the body of the email (where you would normally put plain-text) and
send it.

If you are going to embed an attachment, you need the MIME encoding,
including if you are going to embed your HTML in an attachment (e.g. mixed
plain-text and html message for legacy email clients (read OOOOOOOOOLD).  I
don't bother to put the HTML in as an attachment any more, because all of
the modern email clients can render the HTML as-is, and I haven't had a
single complaint since I stopped sending the attachments (which, by the way,
was a pain anyway).