Changing text in formatted field

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Wed Aug 20 22:20:08 EDT 2008

The entire field loses it's formatting, not just the changed word.
Every word in the field becomes plain text.

I used:  replace xyz with newText

I had put specific text that would frequently be updated into the
field, so I used placeholder text to swap out.

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a form letter of sorts on a
card, plug in the info and print the card so that it's a nice, neat
letter.  In reading thru the archives there were three suggestions on
how to do this.

1.  Export the info from Rev and bring it into a word processor to
make nice letters
2.  Use some external program in conjunction with Rev (I don't recall
the  name of it)
3.  Create a template stack with the letter in it, fill in the info
and print it

I'm opting for number three.  One is too confusing for the users (I
already know this from experience, and promised them a one-click
solution where Rev does all the work), and two would have to be
purchased, another no-no.  So three it is.

I'm more than willing to use actual HTML if need be, or create an RTF
file and have Rev open it, read it, replace the text, and paste it
into the card for printing.  I've just never done any of this so I'm
kind of muddling.

I wonder if I could create the template letter in Word, have Word
turn it into HTML for me, and store the HTML file in a folder... have
Rev open the file, read it, change it, and paste it into the field,
then print?

Shari

--
   Dogs and bears, sports and cars, and patriots t-shirts
   http://www.villagetshirts.com