A Simple Question: How do I draw a vertical line?

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 16:15:05 EDT 2008

Len,

First off, if you hold down the shift key while drawing your line, you
should be able to make it perfectly vertical. Second, after your line
is drawn, simply adjust the lineSize property, which is under Border -
 > Size on the first pane of the property palette. You can also adjust
the length using the height property. So I think the trick is to use
lineSize rather than width to adjust the line thickness.

HTH,
Chris

On Aug 19, 2008, at 2:03 PM, len-morgan at crcom.net wrote:

> This would seem to be an easy thing to do with a GUI IDE but I can't
> seem
> to get it right.  I want to draw some vertical lines on a form that
> are
> thicker than one pixel (this is where I'm having problems).
>
> I can't do it (accurately) with the mouse so I'm drawing a pretty
> close
> approximation of vertical and then I want to use the property
> inspector to
> "correct" the line and make it vertical.  The problem is if I move the
> bottom of the line, the top moves.  If I move the top, the bottom
> moves.
> It seems to be trying to create a line inside the corners of a
> rectangle
> and therefore, I can never get a truly vertical line.
>
> Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong here?  For what it's worth, I'm
> trying to put on lines that are somewhere around 6 to 8 pixels
> "thick."
>
> Thanks!
>
> Len Morgan

Chris Sheffield