communication between rev and revBrowser

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Aug 18 16:31:00 EDT 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:53 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> Are there any ways to communicate between a page open in revBrowser,
> and rev itself?
>
> In other applications which embed a browser instance, I've been able
> to invoke a javascript function in the browser from the host app;
> and conversely the web page could execute javascript that the host
> app could intercept.
>
> I hoped to at least be able to do the latter in Rev; but can't find
> anyway to do it (I thought that the browserBeforeNavigate message
> might give me a way to do this - but it really is sent before
> navigate, not on any action).

Do you mean that when a page opens you want the Rev app to do something
according to what the message is in the web page?

If you had something like the following check after a page loads:

put revBrowserGet(tBrowserId, "htmltext") into tBrowserHtml

And then have a message in tBrowserHtml which  was meant for the Rev app
but would not display in the browser (like a comment or something).
When the Rev app saw a particular message it could act accordingly,
responding after matching that text to a list of desired actions.

Just guessing...

sims