Property Profiles - differences on Mac and Windows (language issues)

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Aug 18 08:30:01 EDT 2008

Hi Christian,

The text encoding in fields is respected when you move your stack from
one platform to another. All text in fields is converted to make it
display correctly in other operating systems. Data in properties is
not converted, because this would corrupt the data.

An easy way to overcome this problem might be to save your strings in
a field and retrieve the data from this field instead of a custom
property.

The correct way to do this would be to create profiles not only for
each language but also for each platform. You would need a number of
profiles equal to number of languages times number of platforms.

For a long time, profiles caused a lot of problems. if you use
profiles, I would recommend testing your software extensively, with
special attention for profiles, before distributing it.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com