app crash on answer printer

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 04:09:13 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think I have reported this one already but got no answer, perhaps today
> others are online.
>
> >From time to time I get a support call from customers (for sake a very
> little percentage), where my app (2.9 on Win XP) crashes, when hitting my
> "print" button, even before  the printer dialog comes up. My print script is
> pretty simple and standard, as I think:
>
> answer printer
>
> if the result is not empty then
>
>   exit to top
>
> end if
>
> -- some other stuff here
>
> print card "foo" from tTopLeft to tBottomRight into 60,46,646,792
>
> -- some more stuff

What version of Rev was used to build the app?
Printing changed dramatically in version 2.9 and I had this happen
several times in the early betas under Mac OS X, but I never had it
happen in the releases version.

Sometimes a problem of this type is caused by using older printer
drivers, so ask your customers to make sure they are using the latest
drivers for their printers.

Cheers,
Sarah