ANN: libRevCurl

Mark Smith lists at futilism.com
Thu Aug 7 20:06:18 EDT 2008

I've made a library that wraps around the curl command line tool. It
exposes a lot of settings that give a lot of control, and allows http
GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, HEAD, and TRACE.
It also allows uploading from a file on disk using either POST or PUT.

It only really covers HTTP, but I hope to add FTP and others in later
versions.

I've been using it in a project I'm working on that makes heavy use
of the Amazon Web Services, so that's where it's had the most testing.
I've included a short intro pdf, and a small dictionary that covers
the most often used (by me) handlers which are the also the most tested.

There's a bunch of stuff in there that I haven't yet documented, (and
quite a bit, like proxies, that I haven't tested!) for those who want
to delve into the innards of it.

It allows lots of non-blocking behaviour and multiple simultaneous
requests to the same server (necessary for some of the amazon stuff).

I've versioned it at 1.0 beta, and any and all comments, suggestions
etc, welcome.

http://futsoft.futilism.com/revolutionstuff.html

Best.
Mark Smith