Reading commands from Apple's remote control

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Apr 23 21:23:42 EDT 2008

Recently, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> So, has anyone done this, or does anyone have any ideas? At this stage
> I am assuming that I would need some third-party utility to translate
> the remote control to keystrokes.

Last I checked, you do.  (Andre Garcia used to know of some kind of
link/utility that was around for a short while but it seems to have
disappeared.)

The one I settled on is this: http://filewell.com/iRedLite/

The UI is a little wonky and it takes a little messing around, but once you
figure it out, it's actually pretty cool controlling Rev behavior with the
remote.  I haven't played around with it in a while -- I may have assigned
keystrokes to the various button presses -- but if I remember correctly, the
one limitation it has is the menu button cannot be an event trigger.
Otherwise, it should work pretty well with Rev.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design