Reading commands from Apple's remote control

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 21:13:01 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Since most Macs now ship with Apple's remote control, I thought it
would be neat to be able to accept input from the controller in a Rev
application. Pressing the menu button puts me into Front Row, but I
though I could use the others, however no luck so far. The plus &
minus buttons change the system volume, but as far as I can tell, the
others do nothing except in Front Row. I tried checking for rawKeyDown
in a Rev stack, but didn't get anything.

So, has anyone done this, or does anyone have any ideas? At this stage
I am assuming that I would need some third-party utility to translate
the remote control to keystrokes.

Cheers,
Sarah