Stack Translators

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 06:06:25 EDT 2008

The 'Of course it runs BSD' cliche comes to mind.

A lot of these old machines, and now a lot of embedded systems, can
run Linux.
The only difference is the CPU and however well the UI stuff degrades.

Actually, I'm surprised that Rev Linux builds do not include Linux
for PPC, of which all the 'major' distros have an option.

I do like to make the most of old kit, but in some cases there is
more time 'wasted' on something that may not reach completion.
It's difficult to judge, but resources do become scarce.

Salt to taste: What's the difference? http://news.squeak.org/
2008/03/31/whats-the-difference/

Cheers,

Luis.