good Rev demos

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Apr 10 09:21:16 EDT 2008

Hi Colin,

I don't think that you will be able to impress those Flash programmers
much. They want to make on-line games and while that's about the only
thing Flash is capable of, it does it much better than Revolution will
ever do. If you were to compare Revolution with Filemaker, you might
impress your audience with readily available server and database
capabilities in a very flexible and easily adjustable interface.
Perhaps you might also find a grateful public amongst web programmers
who use a combination of Perl, Python, MySQL and Apache, now that
Revolution is less demanding if used as a CGI engine. Naturally, you
might try a comparison between RealBasic, SuperCard, HyperStudio 5 (if
that's ever released), XCode and .NET. You will probably be able to
find some people who'd like to switch to Revolution. Flash however...
nah... no chance, Flash is too different. They'll just shrug.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

A large collection of scripts for HyperCard, Revolution, SuperCard and
other programming languages can be found at http://runrev.info