How to paste into multiple fields

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Thu Apr 10 01:01:45 EDT 2008

Lets say I have three fields. Lets call then "FirstName", "LastName",
and "Phone number".

I have information from another program copied to the clipboard in the
form "Bill <tab> Vlahos <tab> 555-1212" that I want to be able to
paste into the first field and have the text correctly flow into the
other fields.

If I type it manually it works as the TAB key moves the selection to
the next field. However, if I paste into the first field all of the
text goes into that field.

Is there a way to do this without using a special script which would
do an import from the clipboard?

Bill Vlahos